środa, 29 marca 2017

Style inspiration: Vanessa Bell




Despite my profound love and respect to Virginia Woolf, in the previous years I have been more and more fascinated by her sister Vanessa Bell. Charleston has been my dream house for now and forever and Vanessa's unconventional life choices and artistic spirit brought to every field of life makes me deeply fascinated. Fascinated and insatiable for her story.

I am during my second attempt to read Virginia's "Letters" and I decided to accompany my lecture with BBC series about Bloomsbury Group (Life in Squares) which plot concentrates mostly on Vanessa's life. I think that Phoebe Fox plays Vanessa marvelously and makes me even more charmed by the persona.

That's true that Vanessa from the movies and tv shows looks much more "glamorously artistic" and "bohemian" that real Vanessa did in the photographs we know. That's the magic of the interpretation and adapting the style to our present tastes so we can soak deeper into the storyline and atmosphere of a production. We can discuss if it's a positive or negative aspect, but for sure it is the sign of our times. Would we watch "Tudors" or "Downton abbey" if actors were more similar to real people? If costumes and interiors weren't so breathtaking? I doubt. So maybe instead of feeling guilty of admiring contemporary beautified styling, we can dream for a moment that it is possible to bring Bloomsbury's spirit into our lives now?


Vanessa Bell

Vanessa Bell 

Vanessa Bell

Phoebe Fox as Vanessa

Phoebe Fox as Vanessa

 




Chloe

Chloe


designs inspired by Vanessa's paintings






fabrics designed by Vanessa




Great article that may help adapt Bloomsbury's style to our wardrobe:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/style/five-fashion-tips-from-the-bloomsbury-group/

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz